Monday, April 28, 2008

TEK*

and no...i'm not talking william shatner "novels".

I've never been overly imaginative or creative when it came to making up cool names, user names, ids, team names, whatever. My buddy Jim Graves would name his fantasy hockey team things like The GraveDiggers...other stuff like that. I think one year I used my hometown and called my team the Melvindale Sharks.

The next year I decided that was stupid and didn't come up with a name. Since I ran the league, I could just call myself The Ed King Team.

I ran a golf league. Other people came up with The Masters, or the Shankers, or ThroatWobblerMangrove. I just registered our league as The Ed King League. I guess it made an impression on some of the golf course workers...after not playing at the Links of Novi for 4 years I ran into one of the guys that worked at the course and he says...Hey...it's Ed King of The Ed King League!

So when I started playing fantasy football, again I was just The Ed King Team. The bright fellow running the league started calling my team TEKT. I thought that was kinda cool (not the eponomous-ness...just thought TEKT looked kinda cool.

So this is The Ed King Blog...TEKB.

No comments: